PLEASE APPLY HERE DIRECTLY:
We’re seeking talented folks to join our team and help customers in the US and Canada succeed and become passionate about our platform. The Customer Support Specialist role is ideal for someone with great communication skills, firsthand knowledge of the restaurant industry, and a solid understanding of complex point-of-sale systems. Additionally, the ideal candidate is detail-oriented, adaptably problem-solves, multi-tasks efficiently enjoys client interaction, and is genuinely eager to learn. We will be expanding into Quebec in late 2022 and are looking for someone to work with customers via email, phone, and Zoom in Canadian-French. This role will serve customers in the US and Canada, so you will be working in both English and French on a daily basis.
Location: Montreal, Quebec - This will be a contract position with the opportunity for a full-time role.
Although this is a remote job, we would like the candidate to live in or near Montreal.
MarginEdge: A workplace with purpose.
As a team built by former (and current!) restaurant operators, our mission is to bring operators the same energy, attention to detail, and passion that they bring to their guests. Our culture is deeply rooted in service, partially because that’s where so many of our team come from (including everyone on our Business Development team), but also because we believe it is just the right way to run a business. We design our software with profound empathy for the complexity of running a restaurant, and the goal of making the magic just a little easier for operators by taking the complex (read: very annoying) back office tasks off their plate, while empowering them with real-time data. We are venture-backed, serve more than 3,000 restaurants, and boast a 90 +% client retention rate even after COVID.
How you’ll add value to MarginEdge:
- Provide excellent phone and email support, including with our French-speaking Canadian clients
- Troubleshoot client issues and help restaurants solve problems
- Customer follow-up with status updates regarding their questions or requests
- Develop a strong understanding of our software platform and customer tools
- Effectively communicate and work collaboratively with other English-speaking teams inside the company
- Localize help materials for our French-speaking Canadian clients
Training: Training will consist of remote Zoom/Google Meets on a daily basis for the first 60 days. In the first 60 days, we would require travel to our corporate office, outside of Washington, DC. After the first 60 days, possible quarterly visits to the corporate office.
To be successful in this role you’ve got:
- Fluent/Bilingual: French (Canadian) and English (This is a must)
- Experience in the hospitality industry in a Manager, General Manager, or Admin/Bookkeeper role
- Passionate about customer service
- Excellent computer skills, including some familiarity with Excel and Word, proficient typing skills
- Strong attention to detail, very organized
- Explores new products and technologies
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoys problem-solving and finding innovative and creative solutions to challenges.
- Able to juggle multiple tasks at once.
- Comfortable in a fast-moving environment, where change is the norm, potentially including your role changing and growing as the company does
What’s it like to work for MarginEdge?
Imagine the fun of a great restaurant - surrounded by a team of people (including some that you help to manage!) who care about hospitality, care about quality, and care about each other - then subtract the long nights, weekends, drunk customers at the bar...et voila, MarginEdge!
We work hard, we work fast and we fuel our work with a commitment of transparency from leadership, straight talk and trust between teams. We believe that the best people do their best work when they feel empowered - so whether you are remote or in our office (likely eating a catered lunch from our clients) you get to work with your manager to call your shot on what works best for you.
And surprisingly exactly no one, we are obsessed with restaurants so most water cooler talk (virtual or IRL) will probably be about the pasta at our new client’s spot in the city or the burger we just can’t get off our minds from lunch last week. In addition to being so dynamic, we stay grounded in embracing a flat organization with robust opportunities to engage with C-Suite members about any topic you have in mind.
Our Fine Print is Bold: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran, marital, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law. You be you. While we are proudest of our commitment to exceptional culture and creating a truly excellent work environment, we see our benefits as an extension of that belief. Our benefits package is designed to be exceptionally competitive and a reflection of our commitment to a best-in-class workplace for all.